Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Test Kitchen


My husband’s uncle recently hooked me up with a giant stack of Rachel Ray magazines. I’ve never been a coupon clipper or recipe collector because I’m scatterbrained enough. The last thing I need is little pieces of paper to organize. So, unless the recipe is used more than five times, I usually leave it in the book in which it originates. In my first day of going through the magazines...

(which I might mention was like opening presents on Christmas morning) I found a tip from a reader. She said that she used the vacant spaces of her wine rack to hold her favorite magazines. Luckily I had a metal wine rack in the basement to test this on. Since I never collect enough wine to occupy a wine rack that holds eight bottles, there was plenty of space to hold all of my “new” magazines.
I put this article under the subject of my Test Kitchen because my mother brought up the point that she hates to read magazines that are curled up. I decided to test this.
After two days of being curled up in the wine rack front cover facing out, I pulled out two of the magazines, both of which were curled together in one space. I am happy to announce that neither was even slightly curly. However, I previously placed my magazines in a standing on their side position and they tended to buckle into a curly position and were quite annoying to read in that condition.

What have you tested in your kitchen, house, vehicle? Want to share it? Click on "Post a comment" (All postings are screened for appropriate content)

No comments: